Thursday, November 25, 2010

What REALLY makes the world go around?


Yes I know that conservation of angular momentum is what really makes the world go round but some people say that there are other things that make it go around.

I recently watched Cabaret where they sing that
"Money makes the world go around
The world go around
The world go around
Money makes the world go around
It makes the world go 'round."

So is it that money makes the world go around? I hope it doesn't because I am the type that believes that money doesn't make people happy.


Then Merlin sings from the Sword and the Stone to Arthur:

"Left and right
Like day and night
That's what makes
the world go round

In and out
Thin and stout
That's what makes the world go round
For every up there is a down
For every square there is a round
For every high there is a low
For every to there is a fro
To and fro
Stop and go
That's what makes the world go round
Brains and brawn, weak and strong
That's what makes the world go round..."

I am not to really sure what this one means. I think what Merlin is saying that everything makes the world go around in the grand scheme of things.

Kiss on the other hand says,
"Once I was a fool dreamin' my life away, and then yesterday I found you
Lookin' for me, draggin' your heart around at the lost and found
I love you, you're the only one who could make me feel love was smart
I feel you deep inside of me, beatin' up against my heart
And I found out, I found out, what makes the world go 'round
Oh I found out, really found out, what makes the world go 'round"


Hmm so some girl is what makes the world go around. Interesting..

I looked on online and saw other worlds like maths, communication, music, education, greed, and software(computers). Its a good list I think but then I found this quote:
"Passion makes the world go round. Love just makes it a safer place." ~Ice T.
So does passion and love really make the world go around? There was lots of songs that said that did:

Love makes the world go 'round.
Love makes the world go 'round.
Somebody soon will love you,
If no one loves you now.

High in some silent sky
Love sings a silver song
Making the earth whirl softly
Love makes the world go 'round.
- Bob Merrill, 1961, From "Carnival."

I just wanna talk to you
And my broken heart just has no use
And I, I guess promises are better
left unsaid, yeah
Everytime you try to tell me
You say the words that I'm the only
But I'm the one who's crawling on the ground
When you say love makes the world go 'round
- Ashlee Simpson "Love makes the world go round"

There's been a lot of talk about the game of love,
It's what everybody, everywhere, is thinking of!
The love bug's busy as he can be,
And I gotta a funny feeling that he just bit me!
'Cause love makes the world go 'round and around.
Love makes the world go 'round!
Your pulse will beat and your heart will pound,
'Cause love makes the world go 'round!

-Perry Como "Love Makes the world go Round"

Okay.. so I think we got the picture.. Same title different song. People think that love and passion makes the world go around. What are your thoughts? I am not to sure about what really makes world go around but I do wish that it is love and passion for one another that makes it go around because it is certainly better than hate, fear, pain and suffering. I am going to guess that we are just going to have to leave the actual question to science and say that it is
conservation of angular momentum that makes the world go round but that is always not as fun to say.













No comments:

Post a Comment