Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lessons Learned








Recently I learned a very important lesson. I am glad that I learned the lesson though I wish I didn't have to learn it the way I did. The Lesson: It never hurts to ask for help when you need it.

The way I learned this lesson was: During the Thanksgiving holiday I was rear ended on my way back to Calgary from my home town. Though there wasn't a lot of damage done to my Mum's car (thankfully) but I soon found out that I had bad whiplash in my back. Thankfully I had a few days to recover at home before heading back to my job at the Calgary Stampede. The only problem with my job is that I carry and push heavy things all the time. I am use to being able to do it myself with very little help from coworkers. But when I got back to work my GP/Chiropractor put me on a weight restriction on how much I can push, lift and carry. This made me have to learn to ask for help from my coworkers for everything. For me, asking for help is really hard. I have always learned how to do it on my own or I get tired of waiting for someone to come help me. I can say that it is very frustrating for me to have to ask for the smallest thing but yet I have too. Because I know if I don't my back will hurt for hours if I don't. I also learned that lesson today. I was tried of waiting for someone to come help me lift a table, or a pop cannister and now I am sitting in agony for pushing myself to fast.

I am sure that I will take these lessons to heart though I had to learn them the hard way. And hopefully I will learn more lessons (hopefully not the same manner though)


2 comments:

  1. Killa I will help you if you ask me to : )
    don't hurt yourself for the job it's not fair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Erica! I will ask for your help :) I am trying to ask for help.. Be patient with me.

    ReplyDelete