Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bullying: the new "in" thing to do?



Someone recently said "Bullying is the new black". I can say no it isn't the new thing to do because there always have been bullying no where you go. I know this for a fact because l myself was almost bullied to death myself. That's right, bullied so much that I thought the only thing I could do was to end my own life to get away from the personal hell that my life had become at school.

I didn't care that l was going to hurt the people that loved and cared for me the most. I hated getting up every day and putting a brave face on and going to school where I would be teased about anything: hair, clothes, skin, what I looked like etc.

I was every lucky though because my teacher, Mrs K and my mom picked up on it. At first I didn't want to tell what was going on because I thought if I told, then I was going to be a tattle tale and get it more in the end. But they put an end to it.

I can say that because I was bullied so bad as a teen that I massive problems with my self esteem and self confidence. I can say that High School was a little better than Jr High School but then I still hated it and was very happy to leave and I never did look back. I can say that I am a little better better with my self esteem and confidence though I still struggle some days with it. I go 'what does so and so think of me?' 'I'm not pretty enough, to hang out with them', 'Why can't I be pretty like her...' and so on.

All I can say to a young person reading this and that is getting bullied, that Please Please suicide is NOT a way out of it. There is always a way out. Talk to your teachers, school counselurs, your parents or an adult you trust. There is the Kids Help Phone, The Bullying Prevention Helping is available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week: 1-888-456-2323. Just remember, that it does get better in the end and that: you're amazing just the way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment