Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rock Stars: What's the difference between them and me?


Sorry for the lack of post yesterday. I was providing food and drink to a couple of musical guests that were performing at Stampede Park.

While I was doing that and running around like crazy, making sure that everything was 100% perfect for them and that they were happy. I had a random thought..."what gives them the right?"
Yes, I realize that they are famous and rich etc etc but they are the basically the same as you and me no?

So, if then if they are just like you and me, how does it give them the right to order me and the people working with me around to get certain products like: Agave sweetener, organic coffee, special meals, that cost 36$/ person?

I said to one of the people working with me, if I ever made it big ( which I won't!) I would never cause such a fuss. Is it because I have been in the service industry before and know how much of a pain it is?

I had to laugh, while I was cleaning up after them, I got to hear them do their vocal warm ups for the night and I had commented that they sounded like a pack of wild moose. I wonder if people really know what artists sound like without the tuners now a days.

I wonder, do these people do it because they can? Is it an act? Or do they do it because people expect them to?

I wish I could find out the answers for these answers because every time we have a concert at Stampede, we go through the same trouble for Rock Stars/Recording Artists.



No comments:

Post a Comment